I personally love grocery shopping in Italy. The variety and quality of the food available is simply excellent. If you are used to shop in US stores, you may notice a few differences:
– Carts are free to use but you often need a Euro coin deposit to unlock the cart from the rack
– At the cash register, you’ll have only one option: plastic bags
– Bags are subject to an ‘environmental’ fee of about Euro 0.05
– No one will help you place your groceries in the bags
Unravel the everyday mysteries of Italy with this unique travel guide that shows you the how-to’s of dining, shopping, transportation, culture and more.
– Learn all about this eBook and download a free chapter
– Order it now!
$14.99 $12.99 special introductory price
Listen to a podcast interview with the author Francesca Tosolini (Firefox users use MP3 – 5Mb)