Posts Tagged ‘Alberobello’
I’ve recently read an article about an Italian resort Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel chose to get married. The place is called Borgo Egnazia and it is located in Apulia (Puglia), a region that few tourists know, but that is rich in history, culture and local traditions. The article gave me the idea to write this blog post, as well as the fact that we visited Puglia a few years ago and loved every minute of it. We ate excellent food (obviously) and stayed in a trullo, a characteristic stone building, that is the signature of Alberobello, a small town that in 1996 has been added to the Unesco World Heritage List.
We tasted the delicious burrata, a kind of mozzarella with a creamy heart.
And the orecchiette, also typical of this region.
Puglia is not very far from Rome, so it is an easy stop you might want to consider if you happen to be in that area and have some extra days. However, if you prefer to be guided by an experienced insider and discover the best of this fantastic region, check out Valentina Cirasola‘s tours. And if you plan to stay in a trullo, our podcast interview with Trulli Holiday will give you some valuable insights.
We are sure you will love Puglia, as we did.
(4.5Mb – 10 mins)
We welcome your feedback and suggestions for future shows. Please write to [email protected]
Last summer, my wife and I visited Alberobello, a beautiful town in the Apulia region known for its Trulli dwellings. Rather than staying at a hotel, we rented a trullo for a week through the agency Trulli Holiday. We had a great time, and took a lot of pictures.
We decided to create a screensaver and share it with you all.
It’s FREE (yes, no cost, no viruses, no adware, no spyware, just pure enjoyment). Please let us know what you think.
(credit: Lusi De Carlo, Paolo Tosolini)
- Download I Trulli di Alberobello screensaver
(Self-extracting EXE file – 3.9MB)
How to install this screensaver (Instructions for Windows XP machines)
1) Click on the link above and save the file Alberobello.exe on your Desktop.
2) Double-click on it and extract (unzip) the file Alberobello.scr onto your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder
3) Right-click in the Windows Desktop background (yes, the empty background) and select “Properties”. A dialog box opens. Select the “Screen Saver” tab. Select the screensaver called Alberobello in the list (it should appear in this list if you copied it in the correct folder). The screensaver appears in the Preview screen.
4) You can adjust the screensaver settings or display it full screen.
5) When all done, click OK. You can now remove the file Alberobello.exe from your Desktop.
6) To uninstall it, just delete the file Alberobello.scr from the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder.